Thursday, February 14, 2008

"The L Word" gives it up to its Bette and Tina fans

Did you see last Sunday's episode? Wow. That's all I have to say. Wow. Bette and Tina (Tibette) fans have been asking for it since the couple parted ways two seasons ago. And now they finally got it ... twice! I like both characters, but they're not my favorites. Liked the choice of Feist's "Honey, Honey" in the second friction-filled scene.

I'll admit it, I hated Jenny at the beginning of this season. I thought they ruined her character beyond belief. But she's actually starting to become one of my favorites. Her scenes this season are laced with so many Season 1-throwbacks, it makes me nostalgic for the innocent days of Jenny and Marina; Alice and Dana; Shane and ... well, I guess some things never change. :)

Speaking of Alice. Glad her and Tasha are over -- hated to see her cry, though. I have a feeling all is not over, either. I hear she's going to be pulled into military investigations regarding Tasha and the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" shenanigans. Boring. Let's find Alice a worthy partner -- and let's hope she stays away from the meds on this breakup. (No more car chases in your Mini, Alice!)

Best line of the night: Tie:

1) "Puppy" - said by Tibette's daughter when the rats ran through The Planet.
2) "Fuck you and your dumb lover!" - said by Alice to the awful/annoying SheBar owners

This season is definitely on a roll. Certainly much better than S3 or S4. —Sara Havens

No comments: